Amazon sales have grown over the last few years. Between 2020 and 2021, they grew by 44%! In light of this, optimizing Amazon's listing has become more critical than ever.
Fortunately, many proven methods will make your ads more visible to customers. Eventually, this will also increase clicks and sales on Amazon.
Amazon list optimization is an ongoing process. First, you need to optimize it according to the established schedule. In most cases, it improves the wording of the paragraphs or the readability of your headlines without changing the main keywords.
In this article, we're going to share with you tips on how to improve your Amazon listings by using sales data, conversion rates, keywords, category changes, what your competitors are doing, and more.
Amazon Launch Strategy
When selling at Amazon, it's essential to understand listing optimization. This products` listing can be compared to an attractive website's landing page. It can contain all the good copies, beautiful images, and a solid call to action (CTA), but it doesn't matter if no one visits your page — no page visits, no sales!
To change this, plan an effective launch strategy to optimize your listing to impact. It includes using Amazon campaigns to drive internal and external traffic to your business. You can drive external traffic from paid social networks such as affiliates, blogs, and general brand awareness. Successful marketing efforts outside of Amazon will always affect sales in your Amazon store.
Why is Amazon listing optimization important?
Listing Optimization increases conversion. A well-optimized listing is about high conversion and a high position in organic search results. For example, optimized product listing is the basis of a successful advertising campaign on AMZ, the efficiency of external traffic conversion and, as a result — a position in the organic search results of Amazon.
Recent studies show that 49% of consumers in the United States start shopping online on Amazon. However, another study shows that 70% of shoppers never go beyond the first page of Amazon search results.
Combining these two statistics, it becomes clear that placing an Amazon product list at the top of search results can be very lucrative!
Sure, you can't control the rating of your product. However, you can increase your chances of being the first with basic Amazon listing optimization know-how.
Think of it this way: the goal of optimizing your Amazon product listing is simple. Improve your product's ranking in Amazon's search results to increase traffic and sales. Optimize your product list by following 3 Cs:
- Concept: image and video products.
- Contents: length of product name or title, markers, memorable characters, and A + content.
- Criticism: product reviews and ratings.
Amazon Listing Optimization Analysis
Once you've successfully driven traffic to your ads and gained some sales, you'll need to analyze the results. There are four things to keep in mind when effectively analyzing your Amazon list:
- Sessions: The number of visits Amazon customers make in 24 hours.
- Percentage of unit sessions: The number of units purchased compared to sessions.
- Sales: Total gross sales of the product compared to previous seasonal periods.
- Feedback: Customer feedback on your product and their shopping experience.
Analyzing these numbers will give you a general idea of the performance of your records instead of simply looking at elements that may inaccurately reflect the whole picture.
Each Amazon product list has two main functions: one to allow customers to find your products when they do a relevant search on Amazon, and the other to encourage them to buy what you sell.
Each list should also contain four key elements:
- Product name
- Image or video
- Marked points of selected functions
Organic Keyword Ranking
Most potential buyers first search on Amazon before browsing other markets. With this in mind, you need to organically rank the three most relevant and popular keywords. It will increase your conversion and sales.
Here are some tips on how to improve your Amazon list with keywords:
- Headline: Add your main keywords to the headline, but keep it concise, informative, and engaging. The name of your product list can increase visibility, but it should also attract the attention of buyers.
- Search Terms Field: Here, you can add additional keywords to your Amazon list buyers can't see. Thus, Amazon's algorithm understands your product list without compromising its UX. List short, general, relevant keywords, including synonyms, spelling, abbreviations, and alternate names.
CTR and Conversion Rate Optimization
CTR (click-through rate), a percentage of people who view your product on search results pages, helps to see Amazon conversion rate optimization.
This is one of the biggest bottlenecks in the entire Amazon marketing funnel.
By increasing your CTR by just 2%, your ads become more effective, more people view your information from search pages, and everything you do for marketing becomes more efficient.
Optimizing for an Amazon CTR is worth doing. It will affect every aspect of your Amazon marketing strategy, reduce your Amazon advertising costs, and bring conversion improvement.
Amazon Product Listings Optimization
Customers find products by keywords that Amazon's search engine compares to information such as the product name and description provided by the seller for the product. Therefore, providing complete, relevant, and accurate information about your product will make it easier for customers to find you. Optimizing your Amazon listings is crucial. Thus, you can use Amazon optimization services to increase sales to your online store.
Amazon allows up to 200 characters for the product name. However, it's best to limit the name to more than 80 characters, so plan to follow this soft limit.
Remember, it's also essential to choose the right keywords for your product name. Don't add all the search terms in bulk, but look at how well these words match the products. In short, be selective with keywords.
Tips for optimizing Amazon product titles:
- Respect the character limit: The product name is important because it tells Amazon what product category and feature the Amazon algorithm helps determine if buyers are interested.
- Find the right balance: Too short product names may not convey the product's value. However, the main thing here is to find the right balance between creativity and conciseness.
- Say no to special characters: Amazon has long been against this practice and actively suppresses any list of products that contain characters.
Most buyers decide whether to click on your page based on the quality of the images of your products. Therefore, it's essential to use only high-quality images of at least 1000 x 1000 pixels. In addition, Amazon allows people to bring each product closer to look at its details, so don't forget about it.
Tips for optimizing images on Amazon products:
- Investing in high-quality photos will increase sales because people want to buy from sellers they know have quality work.
- Amazon recommends having at least six images in the product list, so add relevant product images as a seller.
Many shoppers browse the lists and read only the items. So, don't miss your chance to convince them. Keep all the information here relevant and vital. Combining the two will help you get a position with the search results and increase your conversion rate.
- Highlight the features of your product with five markers. Choose the right keyword that best describes what your product does and demonstrates your product's benefits.
- Make your markers easy to read and no longer than 1000 characters. Format them sequentially and fill them with keywords.
This is where you need to add long keywords, especially for a detailed description of your product. If you were a buyer, what do you think the seller could say to persuade you to buy it? It's essential to be honest about your products, but at the same time be convincing. So, again:
- Avoid overflowing with keywords.
- Tell the truth about your product.
A+ Content for Amazon Listing Optimization
Amazon A + Content lets you tell the story of your product by adding enhanced marketing content. This increases sales as it helps to overcome barriers to purchase, explaining all the features and benefits of a product that promotes brand affinity. On average, this increases the conversion rate by three to 10%.
Amazon A + content optimization tips:
- Tell a visually captivating story: High-quality images and videos are essential marketing tools for selling products on Amazon.
Customers love to see what they're buying before shopping, so make sure all your photos have high-resolution images with a white background. Add lifestyle videos that show how people interact with or use these products daily to increase conversions further.
- Create a brand identity: Showcase your unique value proposition on product information pages to create an exceptional brand image. Communicate and connect with customers to encourage them to buy from you or strengthen brand loyalty.
- Get targeted and relevant traffic with SEO: Develop a search engine optimization (SEO) strategy to improve product visibility for your listings and increase your organic rankings. Keywords that predominate in search will help you stay ahead as they change over time but require a constant change to keep up with the most effective terms.
Backend Keywords Update for Powerful Product Listing and SEO
Amazon server system keywords are invisible keywords you can add to your product list. They are placed in a special section in the Seller Central and are taken into account when indexing your product.
Although this section can be used for erroneous keywords and keywords in different languages, improve the visibility of your product by adding only general keywords. Amazon indexes only the first 249 characters in backend keywords, so you need to be strategic. Find strong keywords and use only the most relevant ones.
Valuable tips for backend keywords:
- Prioritize your most important keywords
- Avoid including irrelevant keywords
- Include popular abbreviations and alternate names for your product
- Avoid repeating keywords
- Plural forms don’t matter
- Don't duplicate keywords (those already in headers and bullets).
To win the Amazon algorithm, you need to win its buyers. So when creating product pages, uploading images, and organizing customer support, keep this in mind. This will improve your visibility as well as your profits.
Optimizing your list should be an ongoing iterative process.
- Get basic data
- Improve one small section at a time
- Check the data and compare it with the “to” data
- Keep repeating the first three steps.